Friday, February 20, 2009

Bookstore Conversation

Every time I'm at Edmonton International Airport, I spend some time at the Indigo bookstore.

Bookstores are fantastic. Not only do I always find books on topics I previously knew nothing about, but I also have an opportunity to meet readers, a rare human subspecies. And since I had interesting discussions with strangers the last couple of times I was there, I expected something to happen when I entered the store this morning.

This time, nobody approached me until I arrived at the cashier with a couple of odd books in my hands. Then the lady, who was reading Lords of Chaos, started talking to me about Death Metal and the cult of ancient viking gods.

Since I was introduced to the topic by Nic the Viking some years ago, I was able to entertain the conversation during the two-minute paying procedures. And when I left she concluded by saying "Now I understand why some people worship Satan."

On that note, she and I cracked laughing, leaving the other clients somewhat puzzled.

Always make sure you visit the bookstore when you are waiting at the airport. Especially in Edmonton.

No comments:

Post a Comment